2008 - 2010 Michigan State Basketball Jersey Style
Updated wedge design with simplified front.
Point guard Kalin Lucas giving guard Durrell Summers a high five, both wearing the 2008 - 2010 jerseys
- State Script Logo appears above the player numerals
- Font used for player numerals and last names retained from first generation Nike basketball jerseys
- Reflective Michigan State Helmet Logo at the point of the V-neck
- Plain front other than the State Script Logo and player numerals
- Two vertical stripes on either side of the player last names and numerals
- Attached to the stripes are opposite color slices
- Player last names on the back above the player numerals
Team wearing the 2008 - 2010 shorts
- Michigan State Helmet Logo on the bottom right leg
- Nike logo on the upper left leg
- Plain front other than the Michigan State Helmet Logo and Nike logo
- Two vertical stripes from the back of the jerseys continue down the shorts and taper off at the bottom of the shorts
Barack Obama displaying his new Michigan State basketball jersey on Oct. 2, 2008
- The 2008 - 2010 Michigan State basketball jerseys were first revealed when presidential candidate Barack Obama visited East Lansing on October 2, 2008 - Michigan State University gave the president-to-be one of the new jerseys with his last name on the back
2008 - 2009 Mid-Season Changes
Guard Durrell Summers wearing the NCAA patch
Point guard Kalin Lucas wearing the Final Four patch
- Beginning with the Michigan State vs. Robert Morris game on March 20, 2009 (72 - 66 Win), and for the next three games, Michigan State wore a patch on the left shoulder commemorating the NCAA tournament, which was a blue circle with the NCAA logo in white - all 65 teams invited to the tournament wore the same patch on either the right or left shoulder
- For the Michigan State vs. Connecticut game on April 4, 2009 (82 - 73 Win), Michigan State wore a Final Four patch on the left shoulder.
- For the Michigan State vs. North Carolina game on April 6, 2009 (89 - 72 Loss), Michigan State wore a Final Four patch on the left shoulder.
2009 - 2010 Season Changes
The back of center Derrick Nix’s 2009 - 2010 jersey with the new aerographics mesh design
- Aerographics mesh design added to the back of the jerseys - items found in design: Michigan State Helmet Logo inside a circle with sunbeams extending to the corners of the jersey
2009 - 2010 Mid-Season Changes
Forward Delvon Roe wearing the E.P.M. patch on his left shoulder
- For the Michigan State vs. Wisconsin game on January 6, 2010 (54 - 47 Win), and for the next nine games, Michigan State wore a black oval patch with the letters E.P.M. on the left shoulder in memory of Tim Izzo’s father-in-law Efrain Portillo Marinez, who passed away two days prior.
- For the Michigan State vs. Purdue game on February 9, 2010 (76 - 64 Loss), Michigan State debuted an entirely new jersey style - Michigan State continued to wear the new style for the remainder of the 2009 - 2010 season
Photography Credits: images of 2008 - 2010 jersey, 2008 - 2010 shorts, 2008 - 2009 mid-season changes and 2009 - 2010 mid-season changes are courtesy of MSU Athletic Communications; image of 2008 - 2010 notable is courtesy of AFP; image of 2008 - 2009 mid-season changes is courtesy of APt. Spartan Jerseys claims no ownership to these images.
Copyright © 2014 Spartan Jerseys, All Rights Reserved. Sitemap